Expanding the Practice of Integrative Medicine
is a health approach that integrates the best of
modern medical science (appropriate diagnostics, screenings, pharmaceutical, & surgical interventions) with other healing systems while emphasizing the importance of well informed lifestyle choices (nutrition, exercise, stress management, etc.) along with the appropriate use of mind-body techniques, botanical medicine and supplements, body work techniques, and various healing arts for specific health challenges
and for overall wellness.
Copyright © 2013, Integrative Wellness Consultants, LLC, All Rights Reserved.
Dr. Panebianco in particular, specializes in mind-body medicine.
The mind-body connection and one's internal mental dialogue greatly impact on one's life experience and overall state of health. Accessing the mind-body connection is extremely effective to access inner resources for health as well as to enhance awareness of the impact of thought patterns and underlying emotions that are contributing to physical symptoms. By working on this level, patients can implement lasting behavioral changes, re-program thought patterns, be released from past traumas, and cultivate greater physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual health. Effective stress management approaches ultimately decrease the risk for numerous health conditions by decreasing the harmful effects of a heightened sympathetic nervous system and enhanced overall life quality.
Dr. Panebianco applies various mind-body techniques including MBSR- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn, to assist patients into letting go into greater inner control and to live more fully in the present moment.
What is unique about Integrative Medicine?
- Western Medicine defines health from the perspective of the "absence of disease," whereas Integrative Medicine focuses on overall wellness and daily health.
- Integrative Medicine draws from measurable realities well established in research as well as from less measurable life realities by integrating a vast array of health information resources from both mainstream medicine and from medical systems from around the world.
- Integrative Medicine strives to educate patients about the benefits of certain technological interventions. Health maintenance practices from various respected medical associations including parameters for preventative studies to detect health conditions earlier are also presented from a balanced perspective.
- Integrative Medicine cultivates a healing partnership in which health options are tailored to the unique multidimensional nature of each patient taking into account one's mental, emotional, physical, environmental, familial, cultural, spiritual, and lifestyle realities.
- Integrative Medicine is a health approach that works with and respects the values, beliefs, and mind-set of the individual including a patient's beliefs in health modalities that reside outside of the Western medical framework. Some people carry a preference for less technological, more natural, and less invasive health approaches which also have a lower side effect profile. Such options are discussed from a balanced perspective including that which is supported in the medical literature.
- Integrative Medicine recognizes the importance of optimal nutrition. To borrow a phrase from Hippocrates, the father of medicine, "Let your food be your medicine, and your medicine be your food." Clearly the quality of food & how it is prepared impacts significantly on health as well as risk for heart disease, cancer, etc.
Who can benefit from Integrative Medicine?
- Integrative Medicine offers support to those who desire to experience enhanced health with reduced risk for health challenges through individualized wellness plans.
- Integrative Medicine offers additional health options for chronic health conditions including cardiovascular disease, cancer, diabetes, hypercholesterolemia, anxiety, depression, osteoporosis, IBS, and various other health challenges that have manifested over time through lifestyle choices in which a standard "quick fix" approach common in our well intentioned and overburdened healthcare system is not possible.
INTEGRATIVE WELLNESS CONSULTANTS, LLC